- Log into your OTTfeed account https://my.ottfeed.com.
- Add new content by clicking the “Add new content” button.
- Select your video type, the most common type is short-form video, read more about different types.
- On the video detail page, make sure you enter all the required metadata to publish your video (e.g., title, description, tags, etc.).
Note: We don’t host any files on our platform, all the files (e.g., video, thumbnail, etc.) must be hosted on a third-party server or a CDN. Make sure all your URLs are accessible from outside your hosting server.
- After all your content is ready and published, go to “Manage categories.”
- On the Categories page, you can create your categories in two ways, using titles or tags.
For more information about categories, check out our Create Categories article.
- Once you are ready with your categories, go back to the Homepage and click the “Publish Feed” button. This will create a static JSON feed with all your published content and store it on our CDN.
- Copy the Feed URL for Roku Direct Publisher.
- Go to your Roku developer account and select your Roku channel. On the Channel page, select “Feed URL” from the dropdown, and paste the feed URL (THIS STEP NEEDS TO BE DONE ONLY ONCE).
- Select “Feed Status” from the dropdown and click the “Refresh Now” button. This will take a few minutes to finish.
Refresh the page after a few minutes and check if all items were ingested successfully. (THIS STEP NEEDS TO BE DONE ONLY ONCE).
- Select “Categories” from the dropdown and choose “From feed” to define categories for this channel.
- Click on the “Preview” link in the top right corner to see your channel’s home and splash screen preview.
- Once all your content is ingested successfully and your channel is published to the Roku store, you will be able to view your new content on your Roku channel in less than 24 hours.
Note: Roku Direct Publisher channel that is published to the Roku store will ingest content automatically every 24 hours.