Quick step-by-step instructions to manage your content feed for Roku Direct Publisher using Vimeo for hosting:
- Log into your OTTfeed account by going to https://my.ottfeed.com.
- Click on the Vimeo link in the top navigation.
Note: If you don’t have a Vimeo Pro/Standard account or higher, and you are hosting videos on a third-party server or a CDN, read OTTfeed Quickstart Without Vimeo Account.
- Connect your Vimeo account to OTTfeed by checking our step-by-step instructions on How to Connect Vimeo Pro/Standard Account to OTTfeed.
- Import your Vimeo videos metadata and select the video category you are importing (e.g., short-form video, movie, etc.).
For more information on video types, read our Different Video Content Types article.
- Go back to the Homepage and click on each video.
- On the video detail page, make sure you have all the required metadata to publish your video (e.g., title, description, tags, etc.).
- After all your content is ready and published, go to “Manage categories.”
- On the Categories page, you can create your categories in two ways using titles or tags.
For more information about categories, read our Create Categories article.
- Once you are ready with your categories, go back to the Homepage and click the “Publish Feed” button. This will create a static JSON feed with all your published content and store it on our CDN.
- Copy the Feed URL for Roku Direct Publisher.
- Go to your Roku developer account and select your Roku channel. On the Channel page, select “Feed URL” from the dropdown and paste the feed URL (THIS STEP NEEDS TO BE DONE ONLY ONCE).
- Select “Feed Status” from the dropdown and click the “Refresh Now” button. This will take a few minutes to finish.
Refresh the page after a few minutes and check to see if all items were ingested successfully. (THIS STEP NEEDS TO BE DONE ONLY ONCE).
- Select “Categories” from the dropdown and choose “From feed” to define categories for this channel.
- Click on the”Preview” link in the top right corner to see your channel’s home and splash screen preview.
- Since you’ve changed the content feed URL, you will need to publish your Roku channel. Select “Preview and Publish” from the dropdown, check “I certify that” and click on the “Schedule Publishing” button.
- You will be able to view your new content on your Roku channel once your channel is approved and published to the Roku store.
Note: Roku Direct Publisher channel that is published to the Roku store will ingest content automatically every 24 hours.